Have you ever received a Christmas gift from your other half that made you want to cry? Sob long and hard with disgust that he would buy you such a thing.If so here are some suggestions to return the favour this Christmas. The key to all of these suggestions is you must keep a straight face when presenting the gift to your beloved.
1. A t-shirt with your face on it. Easily done online. Better still your face in a love heart on the t-shirt.
2. A homemade book of hug tokens because what man does not love hugs? Especially at the times when the tokens suggest , for example, At night when he trying to sleep. First thing in the morning. Outside his place of work. In his place of work. During key sporting events. The possibilities are endless.
3. A voucher for dance classes for both of you to enjoy together. ( No need to actually buy a voucher, a fake one could be easily made up) You can be original with this , no need to stick to ball room dancing , why not go with Interpretive Dance For Couples – analyse the issues in your relationship through the medium of dance. Make sure the voucher says 10 lessons. Perfect.
4. Slutty underwear what’s good for the goose and all that……… This is a particular favourite that Google threw up and can be yours for a mere tenner.
5. Candles. Show me a man who says he doesn’t enjoy scented candles and I will show you a liar ( not really).
6. A note with the words ” I am going to dress up for you later” inscribed lovingly. His mind will straightway rush to visions of latex nurses uniforms or french maids costumes. Imagine his surprise and delight when you rock in dressed in a Barney costume. You could even sing the song for added hilarity.
7. A mix tape/ playlist with all the songs from your wedding day. If you’re not married this is better still because it can be all the songs you want on your wedding day. He will love it.
8. Flowers. Men don’t know what to do when you buy them flowers. For the confusion on their faces alone, flowers are a present worth giving.
9. A poem. A really really long one that makes no sense whatsoever that you lovingly wrote yourself. Framed.
Remember: YOU HAVE TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE WHEN GIVING ANY OF THESE GIFTS.
Happy Christmas and yes my husband is a very fortunate man.