I watched the Golden Globe highlights last night, this is what I learnt.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are going to make it difficult for anyone else to host an awards ceremony again. Not one bit of awkwardness that all award hosts usually suffer from. They are just proper funny. Naturally funny.
- Adele’s talking voice is a hell of a lot more irritating than her singing voice.
- Daniel Craig is just not as attractive when he is out of Bond character.
- Damien Lewis is a ride but a tad arrogant, possibly making him more of a ride.
- Robert Downey Jr does not seem to be ageing at all.
- There is such a thing as too much Botox. Jessica Lange is almost double my age and looks younger than me but also like a robotic doll.
- Jodie Foster is a legend. The mention of her mother in her speech made me cry.
- Why was Sean Combes/P Diddy/whatever he calls himself there? Not complaining, also ridey.
- What’s the story with Catherine Zita Jones accent?
- Yer one from Girls, Lena Dunham ,should have worn shoes she could walk in. She reminded me of me on my wedding day faced with marble stairs in the church with a big dress on and high heels. Was very very nervous for her.
- George Clooney. Really is just perfection. He really is. There is just nothing wrong with him. He is perfection.
- I lost a bit of respect for Quentin Tarantino with the glow from his hair dye. Every time I see one of his movies now forever more I will have the image of him in a salon chair under a hair heater. Not good.
- Claire Danes hair is magnificent. I want it.
- Kate Hudson is also pretty perfectly beautiful.
- Julia Roberts looks sensational. It is 23 years since Pretty Woman was made. She looks better now. I’d say it was having three kids in three years that made her look like that. Similar happened to me.
- Sacha Baron Cohen is just not funny. At all.
- Why did a lot of the dresses flash the side boob view? They were fab but I can never wear a dress like this. Not that I have occasions to wear to such dresses but if I had a dress with a side view bit the cutaway bit would need to be closer to my waist than my neck.
- I am still a little bit in love with Ben Affleck. I love him long-time. Properly in love. In a way that a 34-year-old married mother of three should not be. He is sensational. The beard. The tux. The everything. When he leaned over to kiss Jennifer Garner when he won Best Director I shouted at the tv “Get off her”. I couldn’t help it. The words just escaped from my mouth. There was no control over them. My husband actually gave me a sincere look of pity. I would like to also not like Jennifer Garner as she gets to be his wife but she seems lovely and natural and pretty. Bitch. Ben though……Sigh. I wonder would I get away with a poster of him above my bed….
Can’t wait for the Oscars!
Did you watch the Golden Globes? What did you think?